Register as a guest speaker and prepare for an unforgettable, rewarding experience with your Panther family!
You’ll have the chance to inspire our bright and ambitious students, explore our vibrant campuses and discover how FIU is becoming Worlds Ahead. This is also a great time to rekindle your Panther Pride and reunite with a favorite professor or mentor from your time at FIU.
We encourage our alumni to share their professional experience, answer questions and offer career advice to students in classes or panels.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re passionate about your career and want to share your insight with students soon to be emerging professionals. You know your industry: the niches, best practices and upcoming trends. You’ve had successes and failures because careers are jungle gyms, not latters. You’ve got grit. And you’re not stopping now.
You love FIU. You bleed blue and gold. You support FIU in the community, whether it’s attending events, sharing on social media, volunteering, donating, or rocking your FIU gear. FIU helped get you to where you are, whether your involvement, internships, relationships and degrees. FIU is an important part of your success story that you want to share with others. Wherever you go, you #RepFIU.
You understand our diverse, global community of 55K students attending higher education for the first time. You know the importance of education, experience in the field, seeking out resources, connecting with staff, faculty and industry professionals. You encourage others, provide sound advice and empower others to do great things. You are looking to help students and give back to FIU.
Registration takes just a couple minutes and you'll be on your way to an impactful and unforgettable experience!
How To Get Involved:
- Connect with students as a PAW Guest Speaker
- Attend the PAW Kick-Off Speed Mentoring Event Virtual
- Host a webinar or Google hangout
- Attend a school/college event
- Join the PAW Facebook Group
- Promote PAW on social media using #PantherAlumniWeek
- Become a PAW Sponsor
- Join FIU Mentor, the university-wide hub for mentorship and meaningful connections.
Once you’ve registered, check your inbox for a confirmation email and regular updates before the event.
As a PAW guest speaker, what should I expect the day of the event?
As a guest speaker, in agreement with your faculty host, you will:
- Introduce yourself
- Share your story: career experiences and milestones
- Provide some background and explain how you got started
- Describe your day-to-day professional life
- Advise students on a similar career path
- Discuss what it means to be a Panther in the community: give back, wear your gear, promoting FIU
Find A Mentor or Mentee
Do you have knowledge and experience that you want to share with students all year round? Or are you looking for career advice or tips and tricks for landing your dream job yourself? Register for FIU Mentor! Give back to those who look up to you and connect with those that you look up to.